Friday, April 17, 2009

Fling It: Spin Profile #12

This weekend is Spring Fling at Penn. Since 1973, Spring Fling has been the ultimate student festival at Penn. Thousands of students descend onto the Quad, Hill Field, College Green, and Wynn Commons to dance, eat, party, and enjoy a day full of surprises. Each Spring Fling consists of a Carnival with games and events, a Concert hosting the hippest new bands, and the Quad Concerts, which showcase some of the hottest local bands and performers.

This year, the big show features GUSTER and Akon. I am a huge GUSTER fan [hence the capital letters] and cannot wait for the show tonight! I've been listening to Guster since the 7th grade. Way back then, they were students at Tufts and living in Somerville. I've been to countless concerts. Their beats never get old.

In honor of the concert I will be hosting an all Guster and Akon spin class tomorrow. Ok, honestly it is mostly Guster with a few Akon songs thrown in. The other day I was going through my iTunes library and throwing Guster songs into the playlist. After choosing all my "favorite" Guster songs, I went back to inspect the playlist. I found that I had 2.5 hours worth of Guster tracks with about 10 minutes of Akon. Whoops. Don't think anyone will be interested in spinning for 3 hours.

So, after much pruning and ripping out of my heart, I came up with the following spin profile. Along with bopping along to the awesome beats, we will be working on endurance and stamina. Each position and pace will be held for two songs.

1. Window by Guster (3:35)/Warm Up
2. Manifest Destiny by Guster (3:02)/Warm Up Mix

3. Right Now (Na Na Na) by Akon (4:01)/Jumps
4. Medicine by Guster (3:57)/Jumps

5. Amsterdam by Guster (3:37)/RUN
6. Center of Attention by Guster (4:07)/RUN

7. Beautiful by Akon (5:13)/CLIMB
8. Demons by Guster (4:26)/CLIMB

9. Sweetest Girl by Wyclef Jean ft Akon (4:30)/Cadence + FR SPRINTS on chorus
10. Barrel of A Gun by Guster (3:12)/Cadence + FR SPRINTS on chorus

11. Shake Down by Akon (3:52)/JUMPS
12. We Takin' Over by DJ Khaled ft Akon (4:30)/JUMPS

13. The Captain by Guster (3:26)/SPRINTS with Resistance
14. Airport Song by Guster (3:32)/SPRINTS with Resistance

15. Don't Matter by Akon (4:53)/Cadence + Cool Down
16. Parachute by Guster (5:12)/Cool Down

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, a Guster spinning class!! What time is it, and can I come? That would be amazing. I've been listening to them forever, and have seen them twice, both in Ithaca NY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool; love that GUSTER! It's at 11 at Penn, but I think unfort that it would be hard to get you in without an ID...someday I'll teach outside of school and I'll do it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guster was AMAZING at the concert!!! I had wristbands so I was soooo close to them! I wish I had a pottruck membership so I could take your Guster spinning class - sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete