Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cruisin' to the 80's: Spin Profile #24

Following the popularity of the 90's mix, I had to compile an 80's mix as well.

Some Musings:
What makes one class better than the others? The music in this profile was just as fun as the 90's mix, however I didn't get the feeling that it was as popular. Why? Well, first of all, the 90's was fun because I made it personal. I grew up during the 90's and had a memory to share for each song. Also, because I was remembering back to my more geeky days, I had no problem cracking jokes about myself or grooving along to the club music. In contrast, I didn't have this personal connection to the music for the 80's mix. I mean, I love these songs, but I didn't make the mix my own.

This is alluding to what I described in my Body Pump training post back in January as "Fitness Magic." The magic comes from going beyond instructing the class to creating a bond between yourself, the music, the people, and the workout.


Resistance Scale: 0 (flat road, FR) to 4
Endurance Sets, Try To Keep The Intensity Level Up During Sets (no breaks, work all the way through to the next song)

1. Dancing In The Dark by Bruce Springsteen (4:00)/WU
2. Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper (3:55)/Run @1
3. Hungry Like The Wolf by Duran Duran (3:25)/FR cadence, pickups during chorus

4. It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls (5:26)/FR ==> 1 Sprints
5. I think We're Alone Now by Tiffany (3:49)/Run + Pickups @1
6. When Doves Cry by Prince (3:48)/Climb, StP3
7. Material Girl by Madonna (3:53)/Jumps, Fast! @1.5-2, Medium Hill
8. We Built This City by Starship (4:55)/Power Climb!

9. What's Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner (3:48)/Active Recovery, 40sec, climb
10. What I Like About You by The Romantics (2:55)/Run! @1
11. Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics (3:37)/Sprints with resistance, real breaks btw intervals
12. Flashdance Rmx by DJ Party (4:34)/Climb + pickups, burn out!

13. I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston (4:51)/CD
14. Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House (3:57)/CD + Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment