Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Songs I Sing In The Shower: Spin Profile #11

The other day I was in spin class and I was feeling pretty disconnected to some of the songs. Most notably the songs that I threw in from the top 40 that I either don't like or haven't listened to enough to be excited about. I used these songs because I knew my participants would really like them. Sometimes it's tough to find that balance between what I think the participants will like versus what I like.

This profile focuses songs that I like to sing in the shower. Read: songs that I really enjoy bopping along to. Let's breathe some life into the spin room!

This is geared for a 45 min class (most of mine are an hour-long).

1. If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback/Warm Up

2. River of Dreams by Billy Joel/Inc every 30 sec (FR ==> 8) + Jump Mix

3. Janie's Got A Gun by Aerosmith/Seated Climb 8 ==> 10

4. That was a crazy game of poker by O.A.R./Lots of tempo changes: mix of climbing + running + sprinting/FR ==> 10

5. Rockin' Down The Highway by The Doobie Brothers/Cadence @ FR or 6

6. 5000 Ones by Drama/Jump Mix @ 6 or 7

7. Fool In The Rain by Led Zeppelin/Standing Climb @ 8; mid-song Sprint; back to climb + inc. to 10

8. Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield/Verse = Cadence; Chorus = RUN @ 6

9. Hook by Blues Traveler/FR ==> 10; Climb Mix; add in some pick ups

10. Always by Bon Jovi/Cool Down + Stretches (This is my favorite shower song!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment