Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bullies Then & Now

I recently became Facebook friends with someone who used to be a bully. He was a terror at the bus stop; nobody was safe from his demeaning comments or physical threats. I personally remember him picking out my own insecurities, namely my "buck teeth with the gigantic space in between." Yup, sometimes he'd even just call me Bucky for short. Just one utterance from him could send you reeling.

I wonder what he is like now. Is he still a jerk? Unfortunately his facebook page doesn't (or can't) reveal his current personality. Propriety prevents me from writing on his wall and demanding if he is still that same bullying creep or if he has matured into a better person.

What do you think? Are people who were bullies in middle school or younger (he moved before high school) really jerks or are they just going through an insecure phase themselves that passes?

No comments:

Post a Comment