Saturday, March 21, 2009

Six-Week Training Plan For Broad St 10 Mile Race (May 3, 2009)

Goal Pace: 7:50 min/mi pace

Notes: First race of the season. Haven’t been running that much since I started teaching Body Pump (BP) and Spinning in January. Last year, I ran 8 min/mi pace for this race. This year I’m shooting for sub 8. I think 7:50 min/mi is a reasonable goal. My PR for a half marathon was last year’s Nike Women’s Half Marathon in October and I averaged 7:31 min/mi. Obviously, not at that pace yet, but sub 8 is def doable considering I am very fit from my classes!



-Speedwork gets 800m jogs in between sets.
-I’m not sure that I’ll be able to keep to the >7 min/mi pace for the mile repeats….that’s pretty slow, but that’s the suggested pace considering I haven’t done any speed all Winter. I’ll let you know how that goes!
-I also kept out 400 repeats from the schedule…going to save that ‘til after I get my legs back.
-Tuesdays are my worst energy days (so much teaching mon/tues). I tried to allow for that in my planning.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nina! Fun to see you on my blog...how'd you find it?! Anyway, would love to connect over email. Send me a note so we can really catch up! kristin.schwabauer@gmail.com
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete