Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Byatch at the gym

The post-Holiday rush at the gym has tested my limits of patience. It starts with waiting for 20 minutes to get a free locker. Then there's the 30 minute wait for a treadmill (annoying when it has a 30 min limit to begin with). Then you get to squeeze yourself into a foot radius on the mat in order to do abs and stretching.

If you go during peak hours (5-7), this is what I have come to expect. So, yesterday after waiting for the locker, the treadmill, and dodging athletes on the mat, I trudged down to locker room again, already slightly disgruntled, to find that there was a lock on my previously unlocked locker. Did I forget which locker I was using? After a check of all the lockers in the place, my heart rate picked up, and I realized that that had indeed been my locker. Where was all my stuff then? As I start exclaiming out loud, fellow locker-goers join in my distress. One woman points to a ball of stuff on the floor, shoved underneath some benches. "Is this your, eh-hem, stuff?" Phew, it was indeed! But how did it end up on the floor?

The gears began working in my head and realization struck. Someone had taken over my locker and thrown my belongings on the floor. That was the last straw.

Said person soon returns from the showers and opens said locker. I glare at the back of her head and seriously consider approaching her and giving her a piece of my mind (or a couple of blows...). Instead I talk loudly and menacingly to the closest person and reveal that "someone" (emphasis) had been really rude. I include eye gestures and eyebrow-raises in the culprit's direction. My new "friend" helps me out and also emphatically complains about the crime.

I was really fuming. I almost resorted to name-calling and pointing out her lack of clothing style...fortunately I kept that to myself, though it is a token of how pissed I was. I'm so glad she was important enough to not wait her turn for a locker.

No comments:

Post a Comment